Friday, November 18, 2005

D and K in the Dark

Pulling into my driveway, the headlights shined onto my garage door, as I got home from work yesterday, I noticed a couple of guys standing on the sidewalk across the street. I was a little hesitant, since it was dark, but I grabbed a couple of "A Gift For You, Money Inside" Gospel tracts with 2 dollar bills inside, and walked up to the two young men.

Hi, how are you guys doing? I asked. Okay, fine they replied. I said, "here, I want to give each of you guys one of these. Look inside." Its real money.

Wow, this is very nice of you they said. And they both shook my hand.

"It's a Gospel tract, do you guys have a Christian background", I asked.

No, they replied.

So, I asked for and got permission from them, to share the Gospel with them.

After I shared three of the Ten Commandments, I asked them, "If God were to judge you by the standard of the Ten Commandments, would you be innocent or guilty?" I asked their names, and I had witnessed to D before, and the other's name was K. So I told K that I would direct my conversation toward him because D had already heard my schpeel.

"Guilty" K answered.

"Would you go to heaven or hell?"

"Hell, I guess."

Then I shared, if they were in court, for crimes they had been convicted of, and they couldn't pay the fine, so they were about to be sent away to prison for a long time. At that very moment, someone they didn't even know, came into the courtroom, and paid their fine for them. So they were free to go, because justice had been met. How would you feel toward the person who paid your fine?

"Are you trying to convert me?", K asked. "Because I have a lot of questions about my faith." he added.

I said, "Do you know what God did for you so that you could go to heaven?" God became a man in Jesus Christ. He died on the cross, and three days later, He rose from the dead. There are two things you need to do though, to receive eternal life. You need to repent, that's Bible talk for change your mind, and turn away from sin, and turn to God for mercy. Lastly, you need to trust in Jesus Christ as your Savior.

With that, I could see that K was squirming, so I said "God bless you guys." and left.

God bless...

No comments:

Spreading the truth of Jesus Christ and the Good News that Salvation is available through Him.

Blog Archive