Saturday, December 10, 2005

The Chronicles Movie Event

I took my wife and two younger sons to see _The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe_ yesterday evening. It was a GREAT movie, and I mean GREAT! As we walked into the theater lobby, there was a mock castle and an area were children could color Chronicles pictures. I left a few C.S. Lewis, The Chronicles of Naria Collectible tracts. Then I went over a dropped a few more on a table where people could sign up for some "Movie Goers Club".

After we watched the movie, we almost the first ones out of the theather, and we walked outside and I began to hand out the tracts to the people, as they left. I was impressed by how many people took one, said thank you, and a couple of people even came back for second one. As we were driving out of the parking lot, I saw a teenager actually reading the tract while he was waiting for his ride. Praise the LORD!

---

Later in the evening, we got a phone call from a person asking if I would spare a few minutes and answer some questions for their survey. I said sure. After he finished, I asked him if I could ask him a few questions. He said sure. I asked him if he considered himself to be a good person. He said yes. I asked him if he had ever told a lie. He said yes. I asked him, "what does that make you?" He said, a liar. I asked him if he had ever stolen anything in his life. He said yes. I asked him, what would that make him. He said a thief. I said, based on your answers, when you stand before God on judgement day, will you be innocent or guilty. He said, I thought God was forgiving. I said, He is, but how do you receive that forgiveness? He said, you have to get saved. I said, how do you get saved? He said, you just receive Jesus. I said, is it that easy? He said, no, you can't continue to live the way you used to. I said, right. I said, if I could just rephrase what you've told me; there are two things you need to do to be saved, "Repent, which means confess and forsake your sins, and put your trust in Jesus." I asked him if he had much opportunity to share his faith with others, he said no. I recommended www.livingwaters.com to him, so that he could equip himself to share what he already believed about his faith.

God bless...

No comments:

Spreading the truth of Jesus Christ and the Good News that Salvation is available through Him.

Blog Archive