Monday, September 10, 2007

Mukilteo Lighthouse Festival

Last weekend, there was a festival at the Mukilteo Lighthouse. I didn't make it to the festival, but I did meander down the beach and hand out tracts, and there were a couple of interesting incidents.

First there was an older woman and man seated on a park bench. I handed the woman a tract. She said what is it? I told her it was a gospel tract. She said, I won't be able to read this, I said, I know, you need really strong glasses to read it. I noticed she had glasses around her neck. She began to read the tract out loud (and I mean loud.) I walked down the beach, and handed out several more tracts. As I came back and passed the man and the woman again, she was just finishing reading the tract and she was reading John 3:16. [The LORD uses unexpected means to get His message out.]

Next, there were three late teens or early twenties girls scavanging on the beach. When I tried to offer one of them a 101 of the Funniest One Liners tract, she asked what it was, when I said "Its a Gospel tract", she declined. When I tried to offer her a Million Dollar Bill, she declined. I said, your going to miss out on your first million. As I began to walk away, she said, "I didn't earn it." And I responded, "you can't earn salvation either."

As I was going home, I thought I'd go by the water well, and hand out some more tracts, but as I passed the well it was very dark and I didn't feel comfortable, so I kept driving. As I got near to Bothell Everett Hwy, I thought, maybe I should go by the Mill Creek skate park. I was nervous, but I felt like the LORD was saying, "You may be the only light those kids see in that place tonight." So I went there and witnessed to Christian, Luke and Devin and about 15 kids gathered around as I handed out Round Tuits and Million Dollar bills. They had to leave after only briefly speaking with me because the girls in the group had to get home for curfew. I told them to scoot, that I didn't want them to get in trouble. After they left though, Luke said, "Hey, talk to me some more, I'm open..." I witnessed to him and he prayed a simple prayer of repentence on his own. LORD bless him and keep him.

God bless...

No comments:

Spreading the truth of Jesus Christ and the Good News that Salvation is available through Him.

Blog Archive