Saturday, September 15, 2012

Church Kids Hanging Out

The green-belt trail was abounding with teenagers this afternoon.  James and Caleb were leaving as I got there (they had left their ford ranger running.)  When I got to the pot-pit and handed out Gospel tracts, a number of kids (six guys and one girl, all around 17 years old) quickly affirmed themselves as church goers, or God believers, but there was one agnostic among them; his name was Ian.

Another young man Dexter quickly engaged me.  As I spoke with him, I began to feel him to be somewhat self righteous.   He touted his church going and his living a good life was going to get him to heaven.   He had a little bit of an attitude.   He wasn't overly snarky though.   I spoke to the group about the Gospel and pleaded with them to humble themselves and get right with God, and to trust in Jesus as their savior.

I spent quite a while 'preaching' to the group.   The agnostic was the only one really engaged, and kept coming up with objections and questions, but I appreciated the dialog.    Ian was really ready for me to leave, and shook my hand; basically saying, 'you can leave now'.   I spent some more time speaking with them, back and forth between Dexter, Ian and Shelby the girl.   Finally, I said all that I could say and I parted with a handshake to Ian and to Dexter.

Dear Lord, please speak to these kids, who need you, and are so valuable in your sight.

God bless...

No comments:

Spreading the truth of Jesus Christ and the Good News that Salvation is available through Him.

Blog Archive