Saturday, July 20, 2013

What First Amendment Right?

Thomas, pastor Andrew and I met up at the Kla Ha Ya days festival at 2 o'clock this afternoon.   Wow, was that place buzzing with people.

We decided to walk toward the center of activity toward the beer garden and the music.   As we were walking, we noticed there was wooden stage set up with no one on it, so we commandeered it and I began to preach the Gospel.   I felt like I was getting good responses from people.  Most people were just walking by and just ignored the preaching, but some were listening.   I got a few minor heckles, but nothing dramatic.   When all of a sudden, a gal with a clipboard and an official festival shirt came huffing up and ordered me off the stage.   Initially, I said I would be done in 5 minutes, but she was undeterred.   So I complied, and stepped down off of the stage.   I asked her where we could go and preach, and she said we were not allowed to anywhere in the festival.   I again, asked where we were allowed to preach, she said no where, you need to leave.   We pointed out that this was public property and she said, all these other vendors had paid money to come here.  I again pointed out that where we were standing was public property, and she said, "well then, I will have to call the police."   I said, "yes please."   She walked away, and we never saw her again.

We set up at a corner and pastor Andrew preached his heart out.

Then it was Thomas's turn and he proclaimed the Gospel with great intensity, urgency and compassion.

After that we walked over to the God Mobile and preached a couple times, but the vendors in that area started yelling at us.

So we went back to 1st street and began preaching and walking and it was a very good experience.   Again, we received very good, encouraging responses from many people.  There was the occasional heckler, saying, "blah, blah blah, etc."

I believe God was glorified in our preaching and handing out hundreds of tracts today.   Certainly the good seed was sown.

God bless and bless God...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen!Glory be to the Lamb!

Spreading the truth of Jesus Christ and the Good News that Salvation is available through Him.

Blog Archive