Saturday, October 26, 2013

A Personal Story - My Uncle Steve

Tonight, I had the privilege of speaking to hundreds of race fans who were waiting for the doors to open at the Comcast Arena Everett.   The Endurocross is in town.   I arrived at 6 and the doors opened at 6:30, so I had quite a while of undivided attention.   The crowd was very gracious and listened quite intently.

May God sink His Word, deep into peoples hearts.

Hello friends.   My name is Keith, and I’m a born-again Christian, and I’d like to share a few thoughts with you while you wait for the doors to open.


I personally know someone who was a professional motorcycle racer.   In fact, this person, who I know, who was a professional motorcycle racer is my uncle.   His name is Steve Hurd.  He was #1 in the AMA Desert/Enduro category way back in 1967 and 1968.   I idolized that guy as a kid.  I remember cutting pictures of him out of Cycle World magazine and making a scrapbook of them. 
  

I grew up around motorcycles, and rode motorcycles when I was young.   I understand the adrenaline mindset.   I’m familiar with the X-Games culture.   I get with the “Go for it” attitude.   Oh, but there was one thing I omitted about my uncle Steve; he passed away not long ago.   And I only say that to remind us all that our time here on earth is finite.   We will all come to the end of our life at some point.


Hebrews 9:27 It is appointed unto man, once to die, then comes the judgement.    So we all have an appointment with death, and after that we have an appointment with our Maker to give an account of our lives.


Acts 4:12, … God has appointed a day, in which He will judge the world in righteousness.   So the standard by which we will be judged is righteousness, which means God will judge the heart.   He sees the things you thought were hidden, the things done in darkness, God sees as though they were done in the light.


The Law is a tutor that leads us to Christ


The Gospel is the Good News that Jesus died, was buried and rose again on the third day according to the scriptures.


The New Birth is when the Spirit of God takes up residence in your heart and life. Jesus said, "You must be born again."


You were created for life not death.  You were designed for life.  Death is not your friend, and it was not your intended destiny.   The grave is not the goal, and the funeral is not the finish line.


The Bible compares the Christian faith to a race, in a couple of places… 1 Corinthians 9:24 and Hebrews 12:1,
So if you are not a follower of Jesus Christ, you aren’t even in the race…    If you are a Christian, and you aren’t walking in holiness, then get in the race.


Jesus said, in Matthew 11:28-30  Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.   Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.   For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light


Videos to come...










God bless...

No comments:

Spreading the truth of Jesus Christ and the Good News that Salvation is available through Him.

Blog Archive