Thursday, January 30, 2014

Chicago Board of Trade - Gospel Thunder

I had a light dinner this evening.   I had some unexpected free time, so I grabbed my tablet and went out to look for a spot to preach in downtown Chicago.  Well I found a wonderful spot that was specially made, acoustically, for sound projection.  There were very few people on the street as I took up my position, but I prayed and then I thought to myself I don't need a crowd as motivation to speak, I just want to lift my voice to The Lord.

I began reading out loud from the book of Hebrews, where it describes Jesus as "the Author of our salvation to them that obey".  And I described what it means to obey the Gospel.  I read tons of scriptures verses and gave the sense of each verse after I read it.

I ended up drawing a bit of a crowd, which I am not really used to. I spent a some time trying to reason with Reese the atheist, but he turned out to be unreasonable, so I went back to preaching.  Anyways, there were several other interactions with people, so it was very encouraging.

God bless...




No comments:

Spreading the truth of Jesus Christ and the Good News that Salvation is available through Him.

Blog Archive