Friday, August 01, 2014

Cigarette Smoking "Church Guy" (and Girls)

I took the dog with me, down to the pot pit this afternoon, to deliver some Gospel tracts to kids.  As I walked up, one girl was dancing around.   When the kids noticed I was standing at the top of the entrance to the thicket, she stopped dancing.   I was a little concerned how the dog would react to me chatting with people, but she was just fine;   She entertained herself by rolling in the dirt, exploring as far as the leash would allow and playing with a stick.

I had a nice conversation with Joe, "the church guy".   I asked him what someone had to do to go to heaven.   He had the right answers and was very willing to dialog, but I sense there was "no depth of soil" at present, but I pray the LORD would change that.   He said he was part of a local church, and he was a youth group camp counselor.   He was very nice and open, but his cigarette smoking might be evidence of issues somewhere.

Jordan was not taking in the message; neither was she interested in a dialog, but she did hear the message.

And Laura, who said, "I've read the whole Bible", was not interactive other than that.  I commended the Gospel of John to her as I left.

Praise the LORD for opportunities to preach, and reach out to the lost.

God bless...


No comments:

Spreading the truth of Jesus Christ and the Good News that Salvation is available through Him.

Blog Archive