Saturday, February 21, 2015

Sparta Combat League

It was pretty chilly, but the Word of God was shouted out (even screamed) this evening.  Every outing is a learning, growing, worshipful experience.  I made a few connections, even got a fist bump tonight.  I saw Monty and her husband from Calvary.
My plan (which I stuck to, although I wavered for a moment),  was to read through the book of Ephesians.  Then I read through over a hundred Gospel related or convicting verses on my memorization list. Near the end of my preaching directly from God's Word, a drunk guy came up and stood in front of me. So I paused and asked him how I could help him. He said give me your email address. So I thought about it and I felt the Lord lead me to give it to him. While he was typing, I thought I'd never receive an email from him because he was too drunk to type accurately. But sure enough, I got an email from him; here is the exchange:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Hey ,
It was good to speak with you last night. 
I encourage you to commit your life to Jesus Christ as your Lord (boss) and savior (from sin).
I urge you to read 1 Corinthians 6:9-11.
Here's what we're studying  in church right now:
1 Thesalonians 1:9-10
 9 For they themselves report concerning us the kind of reception we had among you, and how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God, 10 and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, Jesus who delivers us from the wrath to come.
God bless...
Keith
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Amen, thanks Keith.  It was great to meet you too.  I know I have been living luke warm for far too long and I want to return to my Lord and Savior.  Time to be a doer of the Word and not a hearer only.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.
God bless...

No comments:

Spreading the truth of Jesus Christ and the Good News that Salvation is available through Him.

Blog Archive