Friday, October 02, 2015

Oh PETA! You are more valuable to God than any animal

The Barnum & Bailey Circus was at the Xfinity arena again, which means PETA was there, signs in hand, shouting at circus-goers; "shame on you for going in there, to be 'entertained' by those poor elephants and animals".

It is true, that God cares about animals.   They are valuable to Him, but YOU, my friends are even more valuable.

Matthew 10:28-31 speaks to this very thing: 28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.  29 Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father.  30 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.  31 Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.

Responses I got last night were, for the most part, very encouraging:
"We need you here"
"God bless you"
"Amen"
Thumbs up.
Smiles

Initially, I could have gotten discouraged though.   When I walked up, I saw an usher-type arena employee walking toward me.   I said, "Hi, I'm handing out these Gospel tracts".   She said, "I'm not a Christian, please leave."

When I started preaching, a  man was standing right in front of me, with his son.   The man gently put his arm around his son, and turned his son around, toward me; facing me, and they both stood there listening intently for my entire message.



HALLELUJAH!

God bless...

No comments:

Spreading the truth of Jesus Christ and the Good News that Salvation is available through Him.

Blog Archive