Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Evangelist


What's my reason for investing time, and effort to bring the Gospel message to people? Why do I evangelize?
1. Mainly  gratitude to God for what He's has done for me.   I am so thankful that God saw fit to reach down and save me, the wretched sinner that I am.
2. Simply to be obedient to God's calling and direction on my life.   Although every Christian has the same Great Commission we're all obliged to, not everyone is called to go out and intentionally, purposefully reach out to strangers on the street.   I understand that.

What's my motivation for evangelizing?   What drives me to go outdoors in the sun, sometimes the rain, even snow to bring the Gospel message to people?
- The ultimate statistic.

How do I evangelize?
I try and use every tool, method and opportunity at my disposal.   I've read books, I've gone through Evangelism Explosion “, I've gone through “The Way of the Master” series of courses.
1. Sometimes i witness one-to-one with a coworker at lunch.
2. Sometimes I use Gospel tracts to try to break the ice and get in a conversation.
3. Sometimes I use friendship evangelism, and mow my neighbor's yard, just so I can give him a Gospel tract when I finish.
4. Sometimes I make up a bunch of sack lunches and put in a Pocket Testament Gospel of John, and hand them out to homeless people.
5. Sometimes I "Go, stand and speak to people all the words of this life." as it says in Acts 5:20 .  Sometimes I "Cry aloud, spare not, lift up my voice like a trumpet, and show the people their transgression.", as it says in Isaiah 58:1.
6.  Almost always, I try to go with a partner.   Like they said in Top Gun, "never, never leave your wingman".
7. And always, always, always I use the Law of God (the Ten Commandments) like a spotlight, to expose people's sin to them.   Then I bring in the Gospel, the good news of the grace of God, reconciliation to God through the life, death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ.   As far as using the ten commandments in evangelism, Jesus used an interesting metaphor in Luke 9:62 " He said, No man, having put his hand to the plow, and then looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God"   Those Ten Commandments are also kind of like a plow; they break the hard heart, so Jesus can come in and heal the broken heart.

Who do I target for evangelizing?
-  Just everyone.
Interestingly, churched kids can be fertile soil.   They don't mind talking about spiritual things while they're smoking whatever they smoke down on the green-belt trail just behind my house.

God bless...

No comments:

Spreading the truth of Jesus Christ and the Good News that Salvation is available through Him.

Blog Archive