Friday, May 01, 2020

Adrian and his Fat Tired Electric Bike

I was on my front porch this evening and noticed a young man sitting on the curb at the corner eating a snack, so I went in and got a Gospel tract to give to him.   I returned outside and he was still there so I went up and gave him a million dollar bill tract.   He said “oh, you must be that magician”.   I said no, that’s a gospel tract.  I asked if he was familiar with the gospel, he said yeah, I’m a Christian.  

We talked about what kind of church he attended, and he said none right now during the corona virus lockdown.

I said “oh, if I weren’t a Christian and I had a knife stuck in my chest, and had two minutes to live, and I asked you how to get to heaven and have eternal life, what would you tell me?”   He said I’d tell you to pray.   What should I pray?   He said “ask for forgiveness”.  I pressed him, what should I ask for forgiveness of, I haven’t really done anything wrong.  He said we’ve all sinned.  I said specifically, like what sins?   He said like lying.  Ah, there you go I said.

Then I turned the corner and asked him if he’d lied, stolen, used God’s name in vain, and/or dishonored or disrespected his parents.  He said yes, except he’d never stolen.  He seemed to understand what I was getting at, so I just exhorted him to repent and trust Jesus as his savior.

I said hope to see you around and chat again.   Good talking with you. And he rode away on his fat tired electric bike.

God bless...

No comments:

Spreading the truth of Jesus Christ and the Good News that Salvation is available through Him.

Blog Archive