Friday, June 30, 2006

Chaos On The Hill

I got home late from work. While we were relaxing in the big room, after having eaten pizza, we heard a ruckus outside, so I went toward the front door to investigate. Immediately, my son said, "no dad, don't go out there." "I'm only going to see what's going on", I said. But there was something going on; a large group of teens, many of whom I had spoken with before were walking around the corner, and down the hill, on our street. As I watched, one young man began to pee on the neighbor's lawn. Again, my son said, "don't go down there dad." He was insistent, but I said, "I have to." He said, "just call the police." I said, "Okay, I'll call the police, bring me the phone." I called 911, and reported drunk and disorderly to my address, and they said they would send someone right out.

I grabbed a stack of tracks, and the mp3 player and a camera, so I could record what took place. As I walked down toward the group of teens, one whom I had witnessed to last week, was pushing Quincy around. Some other teens split them up, and I said hi to Quincy, and told him he ought to go home. Kyle said something to me, and I began to relate to him how I was so sad the other day, seeing him so high that he couldn't talk. He went ballistic. I don't quite understand why. I asked him if he remembered me praying for him, he didn't even remember. At some point, he said something about the police, and I responded, "They've already been called."

The extremely drunk one, who was belligerent to everyone came up to me and said "preacher man, go away, no one wants to listen to you." This drunk guy was a tall young man, who earlier in the week when I witnessed to him, although he was quiet, was resistant to the Gospel. Now was downright antagonistic; even threatening. "The cops have been called", I said.

I went around to each of the kids, who I hadn't witnessed to before, and handed them tracts. I tried to witness to Ashley, but the tall antagonistic kid, pulled her away, and said, "don't listen to him."

There was a girl sitting on a guy's lap in the car that was parked there, and they were making out in a very lewd and lascivious manner. I handed him a tract, and then said "Here young lady, have you gotten one of these yet?" She took it. I believe they separated at that point, I didn't want to hang around and find out what was really taking place in the front seat of that car.

Then I began to speak with a girl named "Angie?" and handed her a tract. I asked her if I could share the Gospel with her, and if she had a Christian background. She proceeded to tell me how she believed in God and had a relationship with God and had asked Jesus Christ into her heart. I asked her if she was going to heaven when she died. She said yes, and I asked how she new that. On what basis will you go to heaven, I asked, but she didn't get what I was asking. I said, "Would you consider yourself to be a good person?". She said yes. I went through lying, and although she admitted to having lied, she wouldn't call herself a liar. I asked about stealing, and she admitted she had, but wouldn't call herself a thief; I helped her out. I asked her if she had lusted, she came unglued and called me a child abuser, and pervert. I said, well you've admitted to being a liar and a thief, and she was ready to tear me apart. I said, "Have you ever hated? because Jesus, the one you said you believed in, said hate was the same as murder. " She said, "I'm going to kill you." Someone, I think Quincy grabbed her and pulled her away.

Kyle and the tall angry kid, were totally blaspheming and denegrating our LORD. At this point, Kyle saw that I was carrying the mp3 player, and he said "Oh no, no you don't, no way..." He grabbed it out of my hand and pulled the battery out of it. Too bad for him, that didn't delete what was already recorded.

Then the tall angry kid, started in on me, and told me how he was going to break my glasses. I told him I wouldn't fight back, no matter what he did. He just ranted and raved at me. All the while, un-beknownst to me, my wife and boys were standing in my yard with baseball bats in their hands. Anyways, the LORD protected me, and "Perfect love casts out all fear", in my wife and boy's case.

I started to read John chapter 3 aloud, and after a few verses, the police showed up.

No one was arrested, but parents were called. Sadly though, some of the parents either couldn't be reached, or others were indeed at parties -- probably drunk themselves, so several of the kids had to be taken home by the police.

VERY DISCONCERTING... Especially, when the kids were trying to blame the whole thing on me preaching at them, and the cops said, "you were probably part of the problem. Please leave."

God bless...

3 comments:

Author said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Author said...

Thank You I love this website it has inspired me. All of your loving words have brought a lost lamb back. For you see I sued to be a believer too though in a sense of words I still am my heart didn't belong to Jesus anymore. After arriving in America slow by slow I was torn from the beliefs I had sworn in my heart to uphold. I accidently stumbled upon this blog and by means of Jesus I am coming back to his love. But it is hard temptations of the sinful life I am trying to get rid of, keep pulling at me. And I admit I need help, guidance to help me recover on my journey to salvation so I kindly ask you to help me guide my soul to my Savior once more. I long for his love, my soul feels empty and wishs for the happiness I enjoyed in Him. These cheap trills of this life are nothing. I am bearing my soul out to you a person I've never met because something tells me too. Something tells me that I didn't just find your stories by accident. So please reply to me if you get this . It would encourage me.

Thank You

StreetWitness said...

Dear Ntwali,

Thank you for your comments.

I will pray for you. Dear LORD, please draw Ntwali back to you. We know it is your goodness that leads us to repentance. We need that change of desires that only Your Holy Spirit can bring. We need the cleanzing that only Jesus provided. Please encourage Ntwali to draw close to You, because we know that you are always near to us. In Jesus name we pray, Amen.

Keith

Spreading the truth of Jesus Christ and the Good News that Salvation is available through Him.

Blog Archive