Saturday, September 12, 2009

Drug Deal (A Wad of Money on a Stump)

By way of update, I encountered the friendly neighborhood drug dealer on the 'green-belt' trail, that was mentioned during our meeting. He was actually mid deal with money sitting on a stump and a bag of marijuana in plain sight. I took a picture of the car that had pulled up and the license number (244 SVW) and even told the gal, who was still occupying the car, that a lot of drug activity goes on right here, please don't come back.

I called the police, but they didn't come. I did receive a phone call, an hour later and explained what happened, the kid's name, and address where he lives and the license number of the car.

Then sometime later, another car pulled up to his house, with the loud boom-boom music going so I went out to take a picture of the car and (if possible) the license plate, and I was acosted by the drug dealer's step-father. I told him the police had been called, because I had encountered his son doing a deal on the trail earlier, and he didn't believe me. He said his son had just returned from the doctor with his mother. Well, almost two hours had passed since the initial encounter, but because I had been out doing yard-work, I had mistakenly thought that only half an hour had passed. So the step-father disregarded what I said and walked away.

When I did receive a phone call from a police office, regarding my report, the officer said he would go have a talk with the resident and step up patrols in the area.

This is very disconcerting.

No comments:

Spreading the truth of Jesus Christ and the Good News that Salvation is available through Him.

Blog Archive