Friday, October 05, 2012

Why Are You Running Away?

I saw three young men hop out of a silver Honda, and head onto the greenbelt trail, yesterday afternoon.

I went and opened a new pack of Trillion Dollar Bill Gospel tracts, and headed around the block, to enter the trail from the other entrance.    As I walked up to the pot-pit, and headed into the thicket, the three young men tried to run away.   I said to them, 'Hey you dropped something!".   They all three got hung up in the blackberry bramble and literally turned around and came back with their tails between their legs (so to speak).   I said, "Why are you running away?   I'm not mad at you and I'm not here to get you in trouble, I just wanted to talk to you.   What are you guys doing?"

Alex, who I've spoken to before, responded, "I'm not gonna lie, you know... we were, uh..."

I could smell the smoke, and I said, "is whatever you're smoking illegal?", and he just kinda shrugged.

I cautioned them that what they were doing was shortening their life, and I had the privilege and honor of sharing the Gospel with these three young men; I only remember one other name, it was Joey.


Please reach these young men Lord.

God bless...

No comments:

Spreading the truth of Jesus Christ and the Good News that Salvation is available through Him.

Blog Archive