Monday, February 04, 2013

My Shortest, Coldest Open Air

I was in Chicago for business, but I had all of Saturday to walk around the city and enjoy the sites.   It was snowing though, and 15 degrees Farenheit.

I walked past Millennium Park toward the Art Institute of Chicago and I saw a line of people waiting to get into the Art institute.   I though, Oh Lord, you have provided an audience... My heart started pounding, and my respiration sped up, and I thought to myself, I can't do this.   But I walked up near the line, that had formed from the doors of the building, down the steps and onto the sidewalk.  I stopped, and prayed, "Lord, give me something to say..."

I started out by saying, "Good morning, my name is Keith, and I'm a Christian, and I have a brief message I'd like to share with you.  That is, if I can get my mouth warmed up..."

It was so cold, and my face was so frozen, I could barely talk, but the Lord graciously helped my infirmity, and the Gospel went forth.   The people smiled at me and listened to my very brief Gospel message, based on the Mirror Analogy.

Praise God for His Grace and His Warmth!

God bless

No comments:

Spreading the truth of Jesus Christ and the Good News that Salvation is available through Him.

Blog Archive