Sunday, August 11, 2013

Highlights from Friday Night

Thomas and I rode together from my house over to Edmonds, where the "Taste of Edmonds" festival was going on.

The Lord did place a sense of urgency on us as we prayed.   We walked down to the traffic circle in Edmonds and began preaching and handing out Gospel tracts.

Then we walked over to the entrance to the festival, across from the Edmonds city hall.   Thomas was preaching, and Loyd-the-Buddhist came up and engaged me in a conversation.   I urged him to understand the good news of what God had done for him in Jesus Christ, but he was a typical relativist.   The Bible was just words, he said.   At that same time, a couple of cops came up with a festival official.   There had been complaints, but the cop rather addressed our doctrinal/theological perspective.   The cop was way off base.   Anyways, they reprimanded Thomas, and instructed us to turn off the personal amplifier if we wanted to preach.   We complied, and actually moved on.

I went back to the traffic circle and read Isaiah 53, and preached the Gospel.   Then I saw my friends Tim and Dorothy.   They came by after I finished preaching, and we had a good time of fellowship and encouragement.   At that same time, a lady parked her car, and came up to encourage us and thank us for speaking the name of Jesus.

Later on, we went to another entrance and preached the Gospel, and had several good conversations with people.  The main one that stands out was when a man named Andrew stopped.  He was probably in his mid-twenties, and he stopped right in front of me while I was preaching.  I stopped and greeted him, and he said he was a believer in Jesus Christ and he was saved.  We talked for a while and I asked him if he was living for God every day and following the Lord.  He was very honest and replied, "no, that it was hard to do."   Thomas and I had a chance to encourage him to trust whole-heartedly in the Lord, and rest in Jesus.  We encouraged him to read his Bible every day and find a Bible-teaching church where he could fellowship.  We asked him if we could pray for him and he said he would gladly receive prayer.   We prayed for him to be strengthened in his walk with the Lord, by the Holy Spirit.  After we prayed he was very thankful and expressed that he had gotten very emotional while I was praying for him.   I pray Lord that you would make this a turning point for Andrew, that he would get on fire for you Lord.


God bless...

No comments:

Spreading the truth of Jesus Christ and the Good News that Salvation is available through Him.

Blog Archive