Wednesday, June 03, 2015

Go up Baldhead

I was walking to the grocery store one morning last week. I walked by a group of high school kids on a corner waiting for the bus, and and I was thinking to myself,  I wish I had some Gospel tracts to give these kids. As I passed them, one boy called out, and said something about "bald".

I turned and said yeah, I'm bald and its a bummer,  but what are you going to do,  wear a toupee?

They laughed, and I began to preach the Gospel to them. I walked back toward them, and a gal tried to shew me away and told me to just leave. The boy who had piped up about me being bald, feigned like he was calling for the neighborhood watch because of the "strange man".

Finally the kids school bus came and I left, but I was left pondering the eternal destinies of these specific young people who were mocking and resistant to the Gospel. I feared that the dreaded bears of cynicism, unbelief and rebellion had devoured these young people, except for the one young lady I haven't mentioned yet. There was a young gal who was focused in on what I was saying and she seemed to be receptive and even responded positively while I spoke to the others. That was encouraging!

God bless...

No comments:

Spreading the truth of Jesus Christ and the Good News that Salvation is available through Him.

Blog Archive