Thursday, September 22, 2016

Crouching Gospel to Austin

This evening, I took the dog for a walk.   As we were walking back home, off of the greenbelt trail, I noticed a jeep Comanche parked near the trail head.   I wished I had brought some Gospel tracts with me, so I decided to walk up to my car, and grab some tracts.   I did so, and as I walked back down to the trail head, tracts-in-hand, the driver of the car saw me coming toward them, and he started the car and left.   Boy did they leave a heavy odor of marijuana behind them.

So we just continued onto the trail, intending to just walk around the block.   We came out the other end of the trail head, and continued around the block, toward the house, and I noticed another car parked facing wrong-way on the small residential street, so I decided to try to approach them, and give them Gospel tracts.   As I walked up, they rolled up their windows, but I walked up to the driver's side door and offered a Million dollar bill Gospel tract to the young man, and he opened his door and took one, and said, "Can I have two?"   The guy in the back seat said, "hey, I want one too", so I gave him one.  I crouched down and began to share with them.

I asked them if they new what the Gospel was and the driver said, "well, are you familiar with Gold Creek Church?", I said, yes.   He responded, I go to church there.  I said, "What does that do for you?"  We had a nice discussion and I was able to share the Gospel with the young men.   I explained how to receive eternal life (how to go to heaven when you die).   The driver's name was Austin, and I urged him to read his Bible and obey it.

God bless...

No comments:

Spreading the truth of Jesus Christ and the Good News that Salvation is available through Him.

Blog Archive