Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Gun Violence and School Shootings

I’ve learned a lesson; don’t talk about politics or religion.   So I won’t.   I really won’t.  I’m not gonna go there, but I want to get your attention, so I’m going to mention (I’m just gonna mention) what is probably the most hotly debated social topic out there right now.   It’s the concern in our country over not only school shootings, but gun violence in general.   Guns, there it is; I said it.  Guns. Whether they be used by criminals to commit crimes or by police officers who are supposed to enforce the law.   Guns.   I stepped on that landmine, didn’t I.   Did I get your attention?  

The thing is though, in a sense we all have a gun to our head.   It’s as though we all have a gun pointed at us, because we all face the thought of our mortality (or at least we ought to).   It’s as if we’re all looking down the barrel of the biggest gun there is.   The firing squad of our mortality is aimed and ready to fire.  We just don’t know when...

Don’t turn to religion, turn from sin and trust in Jesus Christ to commute your death sentence.

God bless...

No comments:

Spreading the truth of Jesus Christ and the Good News that Salvation is available through Him.

Blog Archive