Monday, August 30, 2010

All Worn Out

I don't have any energy left to argue any more. Or at least that was the way I felt yesterday after a couple of hours of defending the Gospel in the God Mobile at the Evergreen State Fair in Monroe. To the question, "Do you believe you will go to heaven when you die?", athiest after athiest would come up and respond "No". I would ask, "why do you say that?", and they would answer "because I don't believe in Heaven."

Well, at one point when a late teen/early twenties couple came up, and responded that way, I looked down at my flip chart, and looked back up at them and said, "Well, I guess we don't have anything to talk about then do we?" They chuckled and departed.

Thank God for the unexpected blessings of people young and old who were willing to be receptive to the Gospel message. They make it worth all the effort (and it really isn't that much effort anyways.)

Also, praise God for young Sebastian, who kept running up and pointing to the flip-chart and saying yes. He also asked about when Jesus was coming again and he heard us talking about the rapture and wanted to know about that and heaven.

Finally, it was a blessing to be able to give out a few New Testaments, to some who had made professions of faith. I got the strong impression that those Bibles would indeed be read.

God bless...

No comments:

Spreading the truth of Jesus Christ and the Good News that Salvation is available through Him.

Blog Archive