Saturday, March 16, 2013

A Gray Day For the Gospel

I heard car doors slam outside my back fence. I looked out the back window and peered through the fence slats and saw a silver Ford Ranger and a couple of guys heading onto the green-belt trail.   I went and put on my jacket, grabbed a couple tracts and put on a warm beanie.   I walked out the door, and down to the trail, after having asked the LORD for protection and guidance, and more protection.

I walked onto the trail, and the two guys saw me and started walking the other direction.   They stopped halfway onto the trail, and I walked up to them and gave them the Gospel tracts.   They asked what they were, and I had the opportunity to explain what the word 'Gospel' meant.   Neither of them had much of a Christian upbringing.   I asked them their names, but had a hard time really understanding what they said.

They patiently listened to me as I shared the Gospel with them.   I chattered along and they smirked and rolled their eyes, and I warned them of the seriousness of life, and death and judgement.   I explained repentance and faith, and that God had become a man in Jesus Christ, who died for their sins and rose again from the dead.   As I was speaking with them, another young man, dressed similarly to these two walked by on the trail, which made me think maybe I had interrupted a liaison.

I asked them if they had any questions or objections but they just said, "its a lot to think about".   I asked for their names again, and they said, Carson and Nate.

Then I asked them if I could pray for them, which they consented.

After I prayed, I thanked them for letting me preach at them, and shook their hands and left.

God bless...

No comments:

Spreading the truth of Jesus Christ and the Good News that Salvation is available through Him.

Blog Archive