Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I Finally Feel Like I Connected With Someone

This evening, I went outside to wash my filthy car.   I looked down the hill, and saw two cars parked by the trail head.   I grabbed a handful of Seven (7) Dollar Bill Gospel tracts, and headed down to the trail, praying for protection.  I felt like I was headed into a Lion's Den, and I prayed for the same protection that Daniel had when he was actually inside the Lion's Den.

As I headed in the green-belt trail, the group of young men were headed out from the 'Pot-Pit' as I call it.  I handed them each a Seven Dollar Bill Gospel tract as they walked by, and when I gave the last young man a Gospel tract, he asked what it was.   I told him it was a Gospel tract, about what happens after you die.  He said, "I go to church".   Even though he said those words, that so often indicate arrogance, and pride, I sensed humility in this young man, so as we walked toward the street, I told him that I smelled smoke and asked if he'd been smoking.   He said "no".   I asked him if He wanted to get right with God, and although he was mostly silent at this point, he seemed to respond in the affirmative.  I asked him if he was in High School or College, he said High School.  I just began to quietly, and even tenderly, plead with him to get right with God.   I asked him his name, and told him mine (I told him he could give me just his first name, since he hesitated.) He said his name was Alex. I told him, no one knows the day of their death, and even though he was young, there are a lot of young people that end up dead.  I said "did you drive here... they put seat belts in cars for a reason, because their are accidents", and he responded, "yeah people drive stupid."

I asked him if he had a Bible, he said he did.  I encouraged him to read the Gospel of John, and by this time his friends had started the car, and were waiting for him.  I told him I cared about He looked at me and said, "Thanks for being different, and not judging".  We shook hands, and he went and got in the car with his friends and left.

It isn't very often I feel like I really connect with someone.

Please pray for Alex.

God bless...

No comments:

Spreading the truth of Jesus Christ and the Good News that Salvation is available through Him.

Blog Archive