Friday, July 06, 2012

Kids, Fireworks and Marijuana Talk

Last night, I heard a group of seven kids (4 boys and three girls) outside lighting off fireworks and goofing around so I went out to see what was going on.   I didn't have my glasses on, so I couldn't see much, but thankfully, I can still hear pretty well.   And I heard them talking something about, "... the first time I smoked marijuana...".

So I went and grabbed a handful of million dollar bill Gospel tracts.   As I walked toward the group, I said "Hi", and I fanned out the bills so they could see them, and they all gasped, "woe...what the...".

I handed them out, and while I did I told them "it isn't real money, you can't spend it".  They were a little disappointed, but they all still accepted them, and I told them, "They are Gospel tracts, they explain how to go to heaven when you die.".

Then I asked them as a group, "Who here doesn't believe in God?"    A couple guys raised their hands, Dante and August.  August said, "I don't believe in God, but I go to Archbishop Murphy High School."   I asked August if he played football, since he had a 'Butch" haircut, he said he did indeed.

Then I ask the two who didn't believe in God, what brought them to that conclusion, and I said, "Okay, let me prove to you that God exists in about 30 seconds", and I gave them the "Building - Builder" and "Painting - Painter" analogies.   They weren't buying it, so I proposed to them, that it wasn't because there wasn't proof of God, that they didn't believe in Him, it was because they loved their sin.

I stepped through reminding them of their own mortality, gave them the "Good Person Test", and was able to explain the Gospel.   At that point Dante became pretty agitated, and I said I had to go, and asked him if I could shake his hand; he refused.   I shook August's hand and walked away.   Dante continued to rant, "I don't believe in God", and he threw down the Gospel tracts and began to stamp on them.

I went to my front porch, and Dante was still ranting, "I don't believe in God", although he did pick up the tracts.   As the group walked down the hill, one of them said "Bye" or "See you later" or something, I said "God bless you guys".   One of the young men turned back and motioned to me, "I pray and believe in God".

That was encouraging.

God bless...

No comments:

Spreading the truth of Jesus Christ and the Good News that Salvation is available through Him.

Blog Archive