Friday, June 14, 2013

Happy Fathers Day

We had a great time speaking to commuters at the Ash Way Park And Ride this morning. It was very encouraging to see heads nodding, smiles on faces and people saying thank you after we stopped speaking.

Here is what I intended on saying...

Greeting...

I’d like to share a few thoughts with you on this Friday-before-Father’s Day.   First, happy Fathers Day to all you dads.   I’m so thankful for dads that take their responsibility seriously and enjoy the privilege of being a father.

You know, in the Bible, in the book of Exodus chapter 20, (one of the Ten Commandments) says, “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land that the Lord gives you.   Sadly, I haven’t always lived up to that commandment.   I’ve disobeyed my dad directly, and I’ve committed sins that brought shame on his head.   I’ve failed that one, how ‘bout you?   Some of the other commandments are “you shall not lie”, I’ve failed that one too, how ‘bout you?   The ninth commandment is “you shall not steal”.   I’ve broken that one too, how ‘bout you?   And the seventh commandment is “don’t commit adultery”, we know adultery is when you cheat on your spouse, but Jesus said, “whoever looks at a woman to lust after her, has committed adultery already with her in his heart.”, check mark!

If you’re like me, and you listen to your conscience, you’d have to admit to having dishonored your parents, and been a lying, thieving, blasphemous, adulterer at heart.   On that day that when you die, you’d stand guilty before the Holy, Righteous, Eternal God, you’d deserve an awful, horrible, eternal punishment, and that’s called Hell.   And I don’t want that for you, and God certainly doesn’t want that for you.   God is not willing that any should perish, but that all would come to repentance.  It is God’s goodness that leads us to repentance.

The Gospel...

Repentance and Faith...

New Life...

Salvation is by God’s grace, through faith, that not of yourself, it is the gift of God, not of works, so no one may boast.

in Matthew chapter 10 we have the words of Jesus recorded for us; from verse 37 He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. .... 38 And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. 39 He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it.

God bless...

No comments:

Spreading the truth of Jesus Christ and the Good News that Salvation is available through Him.

Blog Archive