Thursday, June 06, 2013

Carrying Their Water Bottles

At lunchtime, I drove over to the 164th Street Artesian well, and handed out "Thirsty" Gospel tracts.   I would help people put their water bottles into their car, and then give them a tract.

I was so encouraged.   I handed a tract to one lady and she asked me about where could she find a good church, so I recommended ours.   No refusals today.   That is vary rare.

Got into a conversation with a very nice middle-aged lady with long brown hair that was in dreadlocks.   She was driving a yellow '67 Volkswagen bug, that was in really good condition.  So we spent some time talking about bugs.  Then we talked about the trivia regarding the artesian well.  She said, the well site has been much improved, since she went there 30 years ago.   It has a little enclosure that looks like a small bus depot.

Then on my way out, handed a tract to a man named Joel, and he asked about where he could find a good church, so again I recommended ours.   Then he asked for prayer because he needed a place to stay, so we bowed our heads and I prayed for him on the spot.  He asked if I was a pastor, and I said "no, I'm an evangelist", and he said, I'm an evangelist too.

God bless...

No comments:

Spreading the truth of Jesus Christ and the Good News that Salvation is available through Him.

Blog Archive