Friday, June 14, 2013

It Only Took [about] Five Years

About 5 years ago, I was outside one afternoon, doing some yard work.   I had some Gospel tracts in my pocket.   I saw a couple walking right in front of my house, so I thought to myself, "I'd like to get a Gospel tract into their hands."   So I jumped out of the bushes, and said "you're rich" as I held out a Million Dollar Bill Gospel tract.   The man took the tract, looked at it and handed it back to me, and said, "no thanks."   It turns out, the couple lived 2 doors away from me.

Fast forward to yesterday.   That same neighbor has let his front yard become a jungle.   The grass was over three feet tall.   I decided I would ask the man if I could mow his lawn for him for $20.   I went up to his door and rang the door bell.  When he answered, I asked him if I could mow his lawn for $20, and he looked at me sideways, smirking, as if thinking, "do you know what your getting yourself into?"   Finally, he said okay, I don't know if I have $20 though.  I said, that's okay, you can pay me later.

Two hours later, having finished mowing and filling up 2 green waste trash cans, I went up and rang the door bell.   He came out with $20 in hand.   He gave it to me and thanked me profusely.    Then I said, "here's your change, in the form of a million dollar bill.  I said, "Its a Gospel tract for you to read when you get a chance."   He took it, looked at it and thanked me and I left.

Sometimes it can take a little persistence to get a Gospel tract into someone's hand.

God bless...

No comments:

Spreading the truth of Jesus Christ and the Good News that Salvation is available through Him.

Blog Archive