Friday, October 07, 2005

Fish That Weren't Caught

This afternoon, after work, I stopped by the skate park. Million Dollar bills and Pocket Testaments, in hand, I walked through the Sports Park parking lot, past the "Snack Shack" and up to the chain link fence that surrounds the concrete skating course. I saw several young men that I had witnessed to before. I asked the one if there was any difference in his life, and he said no. I was really sad, because I thought I had connected with him.

As I began to hand Million Dollar bills through the fence, the guys were very hesitant to accept them. I explained, "They're Gospel tracts", and they warmed up to me, and gathered around. I handed out six or seven Million Dollar bills, and told them "Don't spend it all in one place." and "No, its not real money."

Then I said, "Okay, who wants to take the Good Person Test." I got one taker. I took him through lying, which he admitted, stealing, which he denied, dishonoring parents, which he needed a little clarification, but admitted to having disobeyed his parents, and blaspheming, which required more clarification. By this time, my crowd was dwindling, but that was okay, I had one young man (Jason) engaged. I told him that he had admitted to being a lying, blaspheming, parent dishonorer, and he had to stand before God on judgment day. It took a little convincing, but he agreed that he would be guilty if he was judged by the standard of the Ten Commandments.

Then I asked him if he thought he'd go to heaven or hell. He said heaven, and I said, "you just agreed that you were guilty, what do you think God should do, send you to heaven or hell." He said that he wasn't religious and didn't believe in God. I told him, if I walked out into the street, it wouldn't matter if I didn't believe in trucks, I'd still get run over. Finally, he said that he'd probably go to hell then.

I asked him if he knew what God did for him so that he didn't have to go to hell. And someone in the background yelled, Jesus died on the cross. I said "yeah, have you heard about that?" So I shared with him how he did the crime, but Jesus paid the fine, by dying on the cross for our sins. I gave him a Pocket Testament and asked him to read it, and I told him I was going to pray for him.

Then I shared a little with a couple of other guys, Patrick and Chris. Chris was already a believer, and I asked him if he had much opportunity to share the message of Christ with his friends. He said "it isn't the topic of every discussion, but I do." I told Chris and Patrick that I was going to pray for them, and called it a day.

God bless...

No comments:

Spreading the truth of Jesus Christ and the Good News that Salvation is available through Him.

Blog Archive