Saturday, October 22, 2005

Homecoming Excitement

With homecoming festivities come football games, dances parties, but maybe least expected, Gospel presentations. At the protestation of my oldest son, who understandably said, "do you want to ruin my social life", I went to the Jackson High School homecoming game, versus Lynwood last night. The game was already half-way into the second quarter, so I missed the pre-game rush, but I did hand out a number of Million Dollar Bills. I guess that there are three interesting occasions, to recount.

A Unitarian woman slowed down to ask what the Million Dollar Bill was. I told her it was a Gospel tract. She didn't want to stop and talk, but I did get to recommend to her to read her Bible.

Second, I met a man, Nick who goes to the same church, that I go to. He stopped and talked, and encouraged me.

Finally, I met the Atheletic Director, Mr. Polk??? who asked what it was I was handing out. When I told him they are Gospel tracts, he asked that I go out to the street.

After that, I drove to downtown Everett, and did a little street witnessing. I talked to Kurt and his four friends, and gave them Pennies Pressed with the Ten Commandments on them, and curved illusion tracts. They listened to the entire Gospel presentation and seemed genuinely concerned about their fate. I encouraged them to go home and get right with God that night.

Lastly, on my way back to my car, I talked to Kharma and a Native American man. Kharma is Jewish, by birth, but seemed New Age by religion. She appreciated the Ten Commandments Pennies and asked for two more to give to her mom or grandma. We parted on good terms, but without making much progress towards the Gospel, but I told her "God bless you..."

Really lastly, at eleven PM, my sons got home from the football game and an ice cream parlor, Matt said, "who are those people parked in that car out to the side of the house. I grabbed a couple of Million Dollar Bills and headed out to find a young man and a young lady parked in a Honda, beside my house. I said, "Hi, how are you guys doing?" They said, "Fine." I said, "May I share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with you?" They both said, "yeah, but we're Christians." I asked "What church to you go to, and when did you become a Christian?" The young lady said, "I've been a Christian since I was born." Suffice it to say, I probed a bit about being "born again" and asked if they considered themselves good people." I asked them what their names were, and they said Kristin and J.P. I asked them if they had ever lied, stolen, used God's Name in vain, or dishonored their parents. They admitted their guilt and I was able to explain the Gospel to them, and encouraged them, and prayed for them.

The LORD had several assignments for me last night, and they were a joy. I was so keyed up, I couldn't sleep until the wee hours of the morning. I was thinking about how gracious God is and how priveleged I was to be used by Him.

God bless...

Spreading the truth of Jesus Christ and the Good News that Salvation is available through Him.

Blog Archive